Singapore Global Investor Programme
You can apply for Singapore PR (permanent residence) if you are willing to invest in the country and support your funds with proven entrepreneurial skills. This particular scheme, officially known as Global Investor Programme (GIP Scheme), is often referred to as the Investor Scheme.
Investment Options under GIP Scheme
At present, under the Investor Scheme, there are the following investment options:
- Option A: Invest at least S$2.5 million in a new business startup or expansion of an existing business operation.
- Option B: Invest at least S$2.5 million in a GIP-approved fund that invests in Singapore-based companies.
The investment input is only one of the criteria to qualify for GIP. You will also need to prove to the authorities that you have an entrepreneurial flair, by showing a good track record and furnishing a credible business proposal or investment plan in order to earn your permanent residence status through the Investor Scheme.
In order to qualify for the GIP Scheme you must:
- Meet the minimum investment requirement of S$2.5 million in one of the investment options (criteria for each option are further detailed below)
- Possess at least three years of business or entrepreneurial track record
- Ensure that your existing business meets the following turnover requirements:
- For companies in other business sectors: A minimum of S$50 million in the most recent year and at least S$50 million per annum on average for the last three years
- Have at least 30% shareholding in the company if it is privately owned
- Submit audited financial statements of your company for the last three years
If you own more than one business, you must submit the financial statements of the company which has the highest turnover. You are free to consolidate your businesses in order to meet the minimum annual turnover criteria. Authorities will also take into account the factors such as your role and position in the company, and the profitability of your company.