Promote fertility and create a pro-childbearing environment
- Provide a cash bonus of $20,000 for each newborn
- Raise the accommodation-related tax deduction ceiling for families with newborns to $120,000*
*the following tax measures under salaries tax and personal assessment will take effect from the year of assessment 2024/25:
1. Raising the deduction ceiling for home loan interest or domestic rents from the current $100,000 to $120,000 for taxpayers who reside with his / her first child born on or after 25 October 2023, until the child reaches the age of 18.
2. Providing deduction for expenses on assisted reproductive services, subject to the ceiling of $100,000 per year.
Trawl for enterprises, attract and retain talents
- Develop a "Headquarters Economy" to attract enterprises from outside Hong Kongto set up headquarters and/or corporate divisions in Hong Kong; attract companies to re-domicile to Hong Kong
- Establish the physical office of Hong Kong Talent Engage, expand the coverage of universities under the Top Talent Pass Scheme, and implement the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme